Why a Parental Control App – Net Nanny is Necessary?
If you wish to monitor the activities of your kid's on their mobile devices in the modern age, you need the help of parental control apps that work well on mobile platforms. Children can get involved in all sorts of mischief on their mobile phones or tablets, either by mistake or on purpose. Or it is also possible that they spend a lot of time on their devices. After all, addiction to tech is a serious problem for both children and adults. Or, your children might be communicating with dangerous people without you knowing.
In any case, a good parental control app offers you control and help you keep track of anything your kid accesses on his/her mobile phones. However, you need to have an open conversation with your kids about using their mobile devices in a safe and responsible manner, so that they do not devise some scheme that can override the parental control app or completely get rid of it.
You will see several great online parental control apps for mobile devices that are fitted with great features. One of these apps is Net Nanny. Our Net Nanny review will strive to answer all your questions.
Net Nanny is one of the most reputable and well-known apps for parental control. The popular app was first introduced in 1996 to the world and soon was used by millions of parents around the world, thanks to the features it provides. The internet today is filled with a lot of content that your children can indulge in, so keeping a check on their activities is quite necessary. Now, you can do exactly that, thanks to Net Nanny.
With the help of Net Nanny, you will be able to keep a track, limit, or protect the online activities of your children on their mobile devices. The app will help you keep your children safe from explicit online content. Here is our detailed Net Nanny review that will help you understand the app and why it is the right parental control app that will ensure the safety of your kids. You can read the review below and find out what Net Nanny has to offer.
Part 1 – Net Nanny review: Features of the parental control app
In this part of the Net Nanny review, we will go through some great features of the app:
1. Screen Time management
Spending a lot of time on the mobile device can lead to a lot of complicated conditions like attention issues, sleeping disorders, psychological issues, problems in school, obesity, and addiction. To some extent, Net Nanny can help in this regard. According to our Net Nanny review, the app offers a screen time management feature.
The control app can help you set time restrictions for the usage of mobile devices by your kids. You can set up time limits when your mobile device has internet access so that they can use it only during that time period. As parents, only you will have the power to authorize these time restrictions to avoid your kids getting addicted to their mobile phones.
2. Remote control
Most of us, as parents, will appreciate having possession of something that can help you monitor the activities of your kids. Well, the Net Nanny app will help you do exactly that. If you want to make any sort of adjustment to the profiles of your children or add/remove other restrictions, you can do so easily with any device that can connect with the internet.
3. Internet filter
Because the internet is easily accessible anywhere and at any time, your kids have the chance of coming across something inappropriate. These types of content might not be suitable for their age and can lead to a lot of issues in the near future, should these things impact your children psychologically. While penning down this Net Nanny review, we came to know that the app also offers internet filters.
With the help of Net Nanny, you will be able to control this by making use of the internet content filtering feature. In the app, you can create a list of sites that are okay for your kids to view and another that needs to contain all the blocked and restricted sites. Because there are tons of new websites added every single day, the internet filter of Net Nanny is quite advanced and can help you keep track of them.
4. Blocking pornography
One major concern that all parents around the world share are exposure to pornography. You would not want your kids to get exposed to adult content. While writing down this Net Nanny review, we came to know that the app is one of the top porn-blocking software. With the help of this app, you can avoid the scenario of your kids accidentally or intentionally exposing themselves to porn.
5. Reports and alerts
We came to know about this while writing the Net Nanny review that the app will keep you informed about your children's activities all day long from anywhere. You will immediately receive a notification as soon as your kid tries to access restricted sites. Even if your child attempts to inappropriate internet searches, you will be notified immediately. This way, you will be able to prevent any type of self-harming or risky behavior and keep them safe from online predators.
Net Nanny's dashboard is quite easy to understand and use. Here, you can access and view all web events, week's activity log, top blocked domains, and alerts. You can also set up email alerts with the help of this app.
Part 2 – Net Nanny Review: Pros of the parental control app
In this part of the Net Nanny review are some great benefits and advantages Net Nanny offers you:
- 1. The parental control app can be used on different devices ranging from Android tablets and phones to Mac systems and Windows PC and laptops.
- 2. The adjustments, configuration, and settings can be made from any platform that can access the internet, thereby making it easier for users to access the app from anywhere at any given period.
- 3. The internet filtering feature is quite powerful, as discussed in this Net Nanny review.
- 4. The alerting and reporting feature is quite efficient and works almost instantly.
- 5. The app features an outstanding internet time allowance cross-platform.
- 6. The control feature of the app works very great, especially on all Android phones and tablet devices.
- 7. The profanity settings are capable of masking offensive language, instead of blocking every type of content.
Part 3 – Net Nanny review: Cons of the parental control app
In this part of the Net Nanny review, we will talk about some negative aspects of the app:
- 1. One of the most major cons of the app is that it has not been updated for many years now, and there are several bugs that need to be fixed and taken care of.
- 2. Most parental control apps contain different types of location tracking features, which cannot be seen in the Net Nanny app.
- 3. There are no advanced settings for managing screen time.
- 4. While the Net Nanny app works great for Android devices, the iOS version lacks a lot of features.
- 5. There are no call or text tracking features.
- 6. The Net Nanny app does not contain any feature that can help monitor your child's activities on social media. Since social media is a platform that kids access the most, effective parental control is not possible with Net Nanny. For social media platform monitoring, you will have to download the Net Nanny Social app; however, the idea is not much practical as there are better parental control apps dedicated to tracking your children's activities on social media, along with other control features.
Part 4 – Net Nanny Review: Alternatives for Net Nanny for parental monitoring and control
KidsGuard Pro is considered one top the most effective parental control apps in the market. It offers great parental control and tracking features that are absent in the Net Nanny app, thereby making it the best alternative. With the help of KidsGuard Pro, you will not have to worry about the location and whereabouts of your children and keep a check on their mobile device activities. The dashboard is quite easy to understand and use and will offer you reports about your kid's phone activities.
Here are some features of KidsGuard Pro:
- All the different folders and files that are present in your child's phone can be accessed. You will be able to view all the notes, calendar content, audio files, videos, and photos.
- You will also have the option of viewing all messages and incoming-outgoing calls so that you can keep your children safe from online predators.
- The location tracking feature will use the Wi-Fi logger and GPS to keep track of your children's activities at all times.
- All major social media platforms like Snapchat, Kik, Viber, and Whatsapp can also be monitored via the KidsGuard Pro app.
- The keylogger function will help you keep track of what your kid is searching for on the internet and what they are typing on their messaging apps.
The app offers a three-day trial period so that you can use and judge the app and its usage before buying the full version.
Another great alternative to Net Nanny, FamilyTime, is quite an efficient app that will protect your child from the horrors of the online world. Thanks to the time supervision feature, you will be able to balance your kid's life. You can teach them about practicing safe online habits by keeping track of their online activities and talking to them about it. This way, you will have some peace of mind, knowing that the activities of your children are being monitored.
3. FamiSafe App
FamiSafe is a great parental control app developed by Wondershare. It is counted as one of the most reliable parental control apps today. This app will help you prevent your kids from getting cyberbullied. The location tracking feature will show you where your children are at any time. You can easily block inappropriate websites with the help of FamiSafe. It also features advanced parental control features like web filtering, restrictions on screen time, etc.
4. Qustodio App
The Qustodio app has been designed to track and manage the activities of your children on their mobile devices. The app will help you protect them from any dangerous or inappropriate content hidden on the internet. The online dashboard can be accessed remotely, and you will receive all the notifications and alerts while on the move. You can also set screen time limits, filter out certain websites, and a lot more with the help of Qustodio.
5. ESET App
You obviously know that the internet is not a particularly safe place for your kids, especially at this young age. The ESET app will give you a way to block out inappropriate content and provide a safe and healthy virtual environment for your kids to thrive. You can manage the time your kid spends on different apps to avoid the possibilities of addiction. You can also control the content your kid looks for via the Safe Search filter. The locator feature will keep track of your kid's whereabouts, and you will immediately receive a notification if they venture into an unsafe area.
The Norton Family Premier is a great parental control app that can be used on iOS, Windows, and Android devices. It is fitted with almost all the features that you would want as a parent. The app offers monitoring, web filtering, time scheduling, and location tracking capabilities; however, the time allowances are only available for Android and Windows users. The text message monitoring and app management options are also not available for iOS devices currently.
Conclusion on Net Nanny Review
Overall, we hope that the Net Nanny review was useful to you and helped solve all your queries and doubts. The app is quite effective when it comes to providing internet safety to your children, thanks to the long list of comprehensive features that provide substantial help for parental control. However, there are also quite some things that are missing or found in other parental control apps. From the above alternatives, KidsGuard Pro is quite a powerful app that contains all the features Net Nanny lacks. Hence, KidsGuard is highly recommended as the next best alternative. We hope our Net Nanny review proved useful to you.