How to Retrieve Data from Samsung Galaxy S7 with Frozen Screen
Nothing is more frustrating than using your mobile phone, and for no reason whatsoever, the screen randomly freezes. It can be an infuriating occurrence, and as common as the issue is, manufacturers are still unsure as to why this happens. To add to this frustration, sometimes your mobile phone won't unfreeze, and because of that, you no longer have access to all of the data which is stored on it. In this article, our focus is going to be how to retrieve data from Samsung Galaxy S7 with frozen screen and what kind of Galaxy S7 Broken Screen Data Recovery program to use to do so.
Part 1. What is Considered as a Frozen Screen?
There are two signs which indicate that your Samsung Galaxy S7 has a frozen screen.
First, when using your device, the screen will randomly start to be unresponsive, and you won't be able to do anything with it. Second, if you lock your device you won't be able to unlock it, and when pressing the lock key on the side of your phone, nothing will happen.
If your Samsung Galaxy S7 has had either of these issues, then it's important that you look into Galaxy S7 broken screen data recovery.
Part 2. Quick Fixes to Deal with Samsung Galaxy S7 Frozen Screen
Before we get into the best method which is available to retrieve data from Samsung Galaxy S7 with the frozen screen, we're first going to take a look at some of the quick fixes which you can use as an attempt to unfreeze your screen.
Boot in Safe Mode. This first fix will fix a frozen screen by booting up your Android device in safe mode. To do this, turn off your Samsung Galaxy S7.
- Step #1 – First, turn off your Samsung Galaxy S7 device (or any Android device).
- Step #2 – After it's turned off, turn it back on.
- Step #3 – Once you see the Samsung logo show up on your device's screen, hold down the “Volume Down” button on the side of your device.
- Step #4 – This will make your device restart, and once it turns back on, it will boot in safe mode.
Factory Reset. This next fix will put your Samsung Galaxy S7 into recovery mode and will allow you to wipe it completely. This should be considered a final solution as you will lose all of your data (unless you have taken a backup).
- Step #1 – Start by turning off your Samsung Galaxy S7 device.
- Step #2 – Once your device is turned off, turn it back on while holding the “Home“, “Volume Up“, and “Power” buttons at the same time until you feel your device vibrating.
- Step #3 – When the vibrating begins, stop holding the “Power” button. This will boot your device into recovery mode and when this happens, stop holding all buttons.
- Step #4 – Select the “wipe data/factory reset” option using your device's volume keys, and press the power button to select this option.
- Step #5 – Again, using the volume keys to select the option, select “delete all user data“, and again press the power button to select it.
- Step #6 – The factory reset will now begin, and once it's complete, your device will restart. Your Samsung Galaxy S7 should now be fixed.
Even though some of these fixes will work for you, if you have an app open when your screen crashes, there's a high chance that your data will be lost for that application or it will be corrupted. Because of that, we highly suggest that you use the method which we've provided below to retrieve data from Samsung Galaxy S7 with frozen screen and eliminate the risk of data loss.
Part 3. Using dr.fone – Android Recover for the Best Galaxy S7 Broken Screen Data Recovery
This is the best method to use to retrieve data from Samsung Galaxy S7 with frozen screen and is preferred over the quick fixes above. In comparison to those fixes, this method eliminates the risk of data loss.
Before you follow the steps below, make sure that you have downloaded and installed the dr.fone – Android Recover program onto your computer.
- Step #1 – Load the dr.fone Toolkit – Android Recover program on your computer and connect the Samsung Galaxy S7 to your computer using the appropriate USB cable.
- Step #2 – Once you've done those two things, and the program has loaded, click on the “Recover from broken phone” feature from the main menu.
- Step #3 – On the following display, you will be prompted to select the data types which you want to be extracted from your Samsung Galaxy S7. Either check the “Select all” box, or select the data types which you want to be extracted, and click “Next“.
- Step #4 – The following menu will ask you the status of your phone, so go ahead and select the status of your mobile phone.
- Step #5 – You will also be asked to select the “Device Name” as well as the “Device Model” details of your device. After selecting them, click on the “Next” button, enter “confirm“, and continue.
- Step #6 – Next, you'll be required to enter your device into “download mode” and once you've entered the device into this mode, the necessary recovery package will be downloaded and will be used to recover your device.
- Step #7 – Lastly, you will be shown the data which is available for extraction and will be able to select specific data to have recovered. Simply select the data you want to be extracted, click “Recover”, and you have successfully used the program for Galaxy S7 broken screen data recovery.
If you don't have any important data on your Samsung Galaxy S7 then using one of the quick fixes will get the job done and will get you back into your device in no time at all. However, most of us have important and personal data stored on our phones and because of that, using dr.fone – Recover (Android) to retrieve data from Samsung Galaxy S7 with frozen screen is the best option.
The biggest benefit to this method is that not only is your device recovered from the frozen screen issue, but your data is recovered too. This ensures that if your device is not successfully recovered from a frozen screen, your data is still secure and isn't lost.
If you're going to use the quick fixes that we've discussed above, it's important to note that you will be risking data loss. Because of this, we recommend using the Best Galaxy S7 Broken Screen Data Recovery – dr.fone – Android Recover when you are looking to retrieve data from Samsung Galaxy S7 with a frozen screen. With this method, you are ensuring that your data is kept safe, eliminating the risk of data loss, and are ensuring that you can continue using your device. If you haven't already checked out the program for yourself, go ahead and do so now.