We know for a fact that some network providers have a network locked SIM Card for the user. In this blog post, we will deep dive into one specific carrier i.e., Verizon, and how to unlock a Verizon phone without unlock code easily.
Verizon Phone Unlocking Policies:
Before learning how to unlock Verizon phones, let us review the Verizon Unlocking policies in place. If you purchased recently via Verizon, then your smartphone is definitely locked as Verizon changed its policies in July 2019 to mitigate the risk of fraudulent activities and theft. Verizon has different policies in place for different kinds of users which are briefly explained below:
- Postpaid Devices: For postpaid devices that you purchase from Verizon are locked for 60 days from the date of purchase. Devices from retail partners are locked for 60 days after they have been activated after purchase. After 60 days, Verizon automatically unlocks the Verizon phone, and it remains unlocked for its lifecycle.
- Prepaid Devices: The same policy as postpaid applies to prepay. However, there are certain retail partners to whom this policy does not apply. While purchasing a 4G phone, the Verizon phone unlocking periods are mentioned on the backside of the box.
- For Military Services: for military personnel, Verizon has relaxation even during 60 days period, and it unlocks the Verizon phones upon request if they are relocated outside Verizon's service area.
How to Determine your Verizon Phone is Locked or Not?
Most of the old or secondhand Verizon phone users may face this issue when they insert a new SIM card and do not find network coverage. To check whether your Verizon Phone is unlocked or not, follow this easy stepwise guide:
1. Try making a phone call with your Verizon device with the Verizon SIM card that came along.
2. If your call was successfully made, then turn the phone off and erase the SIM card.
3. Insert a different SIM card from a different carrier in your Verizon phone and turn it on.
4. While turning it on, a dialog box will appear on-screen, prompting you to enter an unlock code. This would mean that it is locked, and you need to find some solution to unlock your Verizon phone.
After these steps, I think you will be able to know whether your Verizon phone is locked or not easily. Now let's dive into methods to unlock Verizon Phone.
Part 1: Unlocking Verizon Phones online
All network service providers, including Verizon, who offer their customers attractive installment based payment options, also have certain terms and conditions in place to protect their risks. The customers must meet these terms before being able to unlock their Verizon phones. For example, you bought a new Verizon phone, and you need to move out of the country within 60 days period stipulated by Verizon in their policy. What would you do? Going to Verizon may prove to be costly as you have to pay the full price for the smartphone to get an unlock code.
With all this in mind, we have got you covered with an economical option. DoctorSIM recently launched a SIM unlock service, which is an online Verizon Phone unlock tool. This tool works even when you have a running contract with Verizon. If you are worried that you will be in breach of your contract with Verizon, well, do not worry as we have got your back in this case as well.
Before we start the detailed discussion, let's take a look at some key features of DoctorSIM:
- It is the best, most secure, and legally approved method to unlock Verizon Phone.
- This method has proven to be foolproof, and the warranty of your device will still be valid as per the terms and conditions set by Verizon.
- It is such a silent process that you don't need to turn off or putt off your phone during the whole process of unlocking.
- You'll be supported by a very trained after-market support team that can be contacted through email, phone, etc.
- More than 5 million people have successfully availed the DoctorSim service.
- Over 5 million unlocked phones worldwide using DoctorSIM
- Most of the mobile phone manufactures employ IMEI number of your device to unlock it.
- You can always get back your money in case you are not satisfied with the service.
- Once locked, you wouldn't have to worry about repeating the unlocking process during its complete life cycle.
1. Visit www.Doctorsim.com.
2. Once you are on the website, select the phone manufacturer of your choice.
3. Select your device network carrier, model, i.e., Verizon, as well as the country.
4. Enter your IMEI number and email ID in the box that appears. (Tip: dial *#06# on your dialer if you do not know your phone IMEI. It is also available on the box of your device.)
5. Once your provided payment details are confirmed, an email will be sent to you by DoctorSim.
6. Inside the email, you’ll have your Pin code and detailed instructions to unlock your phone.
7. Once completed, you’ll have your Verizon phone unlocked.
User Reviews About DoctorSIM:
There are over 7,000 reviews about DoctorSIM on the website Trustpilot.com. 85% of the reviews rate DoctorSIM as “Excellent” with 6% as “Great,” 1% as average, 1% as poor, and 6% of the users gave DoctorSIM a poor ranking.
Some of those excellent reviews are the following:
“It was my first experience with DoctorSIM, and it was an excellent one. Highly recommended to all my family, friends, and colleagues. If needed again, I'll surely come back and use its amazing low-cost service.”
One of the bad reviews out of 6% was as follows:
“It says on their website that it will take a maximum of 24 hours to unlock my phone. It has been more than 50 hours, and my phone is still locked. Their support live chat, which is highly regarded as not been of any help as I have not been able to reach any online agent to register my complaint. I would not recommend this service to anyone about their slow response and non-compliance to their claims of quick and efficient service.”
Besides, here is the detailed guide on How to Unlock LG Phones for your reference.
Part 2: Verizon Phone Unlock Using unlock Codes
There is another method that can be used to unlock your Verizon Phone. Follow these simple steps:
1. First, you should determine what kind of Verizon phone you are using i.e., prepaid, postpaid, or global 3G.
2. Next, insert a new SIM card in your Verizon phone, it will prompt you to enter an unlock code. You need to enter one of the codes to unlock your Verizon Phone: 123456 or 000000. If you face any difficulty, you can always call Verizon Customer support and get help unlocking your device.
Most of the Verizon post-pay plans are 4G LTE phones, which are already unlocked. However, if your phone has a Verizon Prepaid Plan, you can use the above method to unlock it.
Part 3: Unlock Verizon Phone Via doctorunlock.net
doctorunlock.net is one of the most renowned unlock services for Verizon based iPhone using and online approach. However, if you use this service, it is expected that your Verizon device will be locked again if you upgrade to a higher OS. This solution can unlock all iPhone models working on all operating systems till iOS13
One drawback though is the price of doctorunlock.net, which is much higher as compared to DoctorSIM. You can always compare it while making a decision.
Before we go into steps, let us glance at some of the features of DoctorUnlock.
- All iPhone models with all operating systems are supported on this app.
- Your Verizon iPhone IMEI will be excluded from Apple database (100% legal)
- As it is completely legal, it does not void your device's warranty.
Follow below simple steps to unlock your Verizon phone:
Step 1. Go to the official DoctorUnlock.net website. Click on “Unlock iPhone” from the top menu.
Step 2. Select your phone model from the dropdown.
Step 3. Select your network provider (Verizon) and the country as the basic information required. Enter the IMEI number in the box that appears (you can check your IMEI using this website or using *#06#). Then click on Unlock Now.
Step 4. Enter your mail address and card details upon checkout. You have the option for both debit and credit card operating via VISA or Master Card.
Step 5. Once doctorunlock.net has secured your payment, their system will send you an email having details and order processing time. Your Verizon Phone Unlock will be processed between 1 to 5 days.
Step 6: once you get a notification about unlocking Verizon's phone, insert a new SIM card and check whether unlocking has been done or not. If it does not demand a code again then congratulations, you have successfully unlocked your Verizon phone.
In a nutshell, there are many 3rd party services available online to unlock Verizon's phone, and you always have the option to go to Verizon or wait for 60 days unlocking period. The best online services recommended from us are DoctorSIM.net due to its low cost and efficient SIM unlocking service. So what are you waiting for, use this service and reap the benefits of this unmatched tool to unlock your Verizon phone.